Are you a project manager finding it difficult to plan, schedule, manage your budget, and put tasks together? Worry no more. Obviously, it would be hard to increase productivity when those mentioned above are not done with ease. With free project management software, you can put together how you and your team carry out operations. A project management program such as Microsoft and Monday, for example, increases productivity and makes projects complete with fewer difficulties.
In this article, you will find the best free project management software. Also, this article talked about project management software from Microsoft and Monday.
What Is Project Management Software?
Project management software is a program designed mainly to help put together, plan, schedule, and give out resources; manage time, and then work with other departments. Indeed, it is made up of apps and tools that help you carry out the project very well. Moreover, a project management program can manage communication, cost control, budget management, and make decisions related to the problem.
Functions of Project Management Software
- Project planning: To determine a project schedule, a project manager may consider using the program to plan project tasks and physically describe task relations.
- Documentation: It also assists project managers in the recording of everyday activities until the project is completed.
- Task management: Likewise, it permits you to create and assign tasks and status reports.
- Time management: The project management tool also must be able to manage time for all tasks and maintain records for third-party consultants.
- Cost control and budget management: it should have the ability to cut costs. It must also be able to assist project managers in budget management.
Types of Project Management Software
- Individual: In fact, this type is used by a single project manager. It can be in the form of a spreadsheet or an app that has all the project management tools needed by the manager.
- Collaborative: Collaborative project management software brings the entire team together to work on common files. Likewise, in collaborative management software, project planning data can be reached, viewed, and sometimes amended by other project team members.
- Integrated: An integrated project management tool joins project management functions with other aspects of a company’s business. Truly, it is best for a company with several projects being executed at the same time. These project management tools can also add data and information, allowing the review of projects through a single dashboard interface.
Benefits of Project Management Software
Here are a few benefits of using project management software:
- The project management tool enables communication and also builds teamwork across an organization.
- It also allows leaders to have a macro-level view of project progress.
- This assists in managing costs and managing a budget.
- It helps with resource allocation and hinders team-wide burnout.
- It also makes collaboration easy for teams that are distributed.
- Helps teams keep tasks in perspective and understand priorities
Free Project Management Software
Here is free project management software that you can start using right away to manage your projects.
Most companies for example demand premium prices for what ClickUp delivers for free. You enjoy access to tasks, unlimited users, and multiple product characteristics in the ‘’free forever plan’’. Also, there are no limitations to which project management features you can use.
Click free management project software has the following features:
- Customized views
- Workload management
- Assign comment
- Mind maps
- Custom field
- Custom task statuses
- Gantt chart view
- Drag and drop
Because ClickUp is mindful of how work gets done and because it discusses important team collaboration tools, your team will hurry along as it is always done. In addition, it doesn’t matter if you’re an individual user or a project manager, ClickUp has got you covered.
Your tasks, comments, due dates, etc are all set up like Kanban boards in one place. It’s a changeable project board and cloud-based project management. Though in MeisterTask’s free version, you can’t create any timelines or agendas.
The MeisterTask free project management software offers the following:
- Unlimited projects and unlimited users
- It also has two integrations [ slack or Zendesk]
- Checklists, comments, tags, task and time tracking features
- Likewise, it has a user-friendly interface.
- File sharing and attachments [up to 20MB]
Nifty free project management software is a tool that keeps you focused on managing your work, not a tool. Similarly, it helps project managers to work together with their team and client with a variety of features like chat, tasks, docs, and calendar. It also enables you to create a plan for your projects and automate your progress tracking. Nevertheless, it sets goals and timelines, collaborates on tasks, sets up a knowledge hub, creates docs and wikis, and balances workload.
The nifty free version offers the following:
- Unlimited team members, guests, and clients
- 100MB of storage space
- Likewise, it has two projects.
- Tasks, milestones, discussion, and docs
- It also has workflow automation.
The introduction of the Kanban board approach to the masses made Trello free project management software popular in the last few years. Hence, it can be used even if you don’t use Scrum or agile project management systems.
Trello free version offers the following:
- Unlimited boards, task lists, cards, users, checklists, and components
- One combination per board.
- Also, it has up to 10MB for files
Wrike is a simple free project management software that is good for small teams. Also, its activity stream dashboard helps you see who is working on what. No, Wrike’s version is quite limited.
Wrike’s free version offers the following:
- Tasks, folders projects
- File sharing
- Table view
- Unlimited users
- No time limit
- Boardview and spreadsheet view
- Task and subtask management
Bitrix24 is a project planning program and project management tool that solves multiple business needs at once. Besides, it is great for small industries.
The Bitrix24 free project management tool offers the following:
- Task management
- Kanban board
- Resource management
- 5GB of storage
- 12 users
This helps teams work online, whether in the office, fully remote, or by mixing the tool with a hybrid model. In addition, Hive Solo’s free forever plan offers full project management functionality for one or two teams.
Hive free version offers the following feature:
- Unlimited projects and tasks
- It also has unlimited storage
- Unlimited collaborative notes
- Gantt, Kanban, calendar, and table views
- There are also emails in Hive.
- Native chat messaging
It is a well-known project management tool and also a physically appealing tool that uses projects and sections to keep work organized and communicate with the team who is in charge of what is in your project planning.
Asana’s free project management tool offers the following:
- Unlimited tasks, projects, and conversions
- Basic search
- Basic dashboard
The Best Project Management Software
Looking for the best project management software for your company? You’re in the right place.
Check out the tools’ top qualities, pricing, and what’s special about them.
Without a doubt, Scoro project management software is a complete solution that offers all the qualities you might need in a project management program: projects and tasks; contact organization; quotes; team collaboration; billing; and reporting.
Top qualities include:
- Real-time KPI dashboard
- Projects with subtasks and deadlines
- Also, shared team calendar and meeting schedules
- Time tracking and billing for work
- Contact management
- Quoting and invoicing with present templates
The most important thing about the scoro project management tool is that it helps to streamline your entire work progress. Thus, there is no need to use lots of different tools for every task.
Pricing: From $26 per user per month
Absolutely, this is the best tool for thousands of project management teams that enjoy its modern social media-like interface and carefree collaboration features.
The top features of Basecamp project management software include:
- In-app collaboration with the team
- Projects to manage multiple users’ work
- Reporting and project performance:
- Email and desktop information.
- Message board to examine new projects or ideas
- Separate dashboard for showing clients
Basecamp project management software doesn’t charge per person, unlike other project management tools. Also, it’s free for teachers and students.
Free plans are available and paid plans are $99 per month.
#3. Citrix Podio
It is a highly customizable online hub for work and team communication.
The top features of Citrix Podio project management software include:
- Get a summary of the company with a visual dashboard.
- Share encrypted and large files.
- Automate the sales pipeline and project budget tracking.
- Assign tasks, attach files, and discuss details within the solution
Pricing: From $19.20 per month per user for a full suite of features
Workzone project management software was built by experienced ad executives who wanted to help creative teams and agencies get visibility into all of their work.
The top features of Workzone include:
- Create subtasks and task dependencies
- Personalized, individual to-do lists
- Quickly see statuses with Gantt charts
- Assign people to more than one task
- Set permission for specific users to access projects, tasks, and files
Workzone is simpler to use than a more complex tool. Also, it has many powerful features.
Pricing: From $24 per month per user.
The JIRA program tracks issues and bugs with advanced project management features.
The Top features of the JIRA project management tool include:
- Prioritise and discuss your group work.
- Create user stories and issues, and plan prints.
- Centralize your team communication.
- See real-time reporting on your team’s work.
- Distribute tasks across your software team
In fact, JIRA is the perfect IT project management tool, and it is designed for software development teams,
Pricing: Free trial; paid plans from $7 per user per month.
Notion helps you discuss and plan your project, share everything with the team, and keep track of all ideas.
The top features of Notion include:
- Keep a personal weekly checklist and take notes
- Next pages inside each other
- Build a task board with a flexible drag-and-drop editor
Just like LEGO, the Notion project management tool lets you assemble workflows that work best for your team.
Pricing: $8 per user per month
ProofHub is a project management program that adds multiple management features under one roof.
The top features of ProofHub include:
- Task assignments
- Secure file storage
- Assigned user roles
- Online team discussions and chats
- Reporting and tracking project history
With a simple and well-designed user interface, ProofHub helps the team collaborate more efficiently.
Pricing: From $45 per month.
This project management tool helps your team stay organized while you outgrow email.
The top features of ActiveCollab include:
- Kanban cards
- Time tracking and invoicing
- Gantt-like timeline for planning
- A shared team calendar for collaboration
Without a doubt, ActiveCollab is great for collaboration.
Pricing: From $6.25 per user per month.
Project Management Software Monday
Indeed, project management software Monday is a platform that allows users to create their own applications and work management tools. Similarly, it is designed to help teams and organizations with operational efficiency by tracking projects and workflows, visualizing data, and team collaboration. Project management software Monday also includes automation capabilities and supports integrations with other work apps.
Monday project management software was launched in 2014 and in July 2019. The company also released its 2.0 version in 2020 and offered a code-free environment including over a hundred automation recipes and above 50 integrations with other applications. Moreover, project management software Monday launched its low apps framework, giving third-party developers and customers access to build their applications on top of the platform. Project management software Monday also announced its integration with Microsoft Teams in October 2020.
Features of project management software Monday include:
- It comes with a user-intuitive interface.
- It also prioritizes people management.
- It lets you easily manage workloads.
- In addition, it makes collaboration efficient.
- It comes with reporting and analytics.
- It provides excellent support
Project Management Software From Microsoft.
Microsoft project management software is designed to assist a project manager in assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, developing a schedule, and analyzing workloads. Also, it was the company’s third window-based application.
It also has two editions currently, standard and professional. The Microsoft project management tool also creates budgets based on assignment work and resource rates. As resources are assigned to tasks and assignment work is estimated, the program calculates the cost, equal to the work times rate, which rolls up to the task level and the project level.
Microsoft management software features include:
- Planning and scheduling
- Project timeline view
- Resource management
- Multiple projects
- Different views
The bad aspects of project management software from Microsoft include:
- Not for beginners: Microsoft Project management software is not for new project management solutions. Also, it is not for people who are just familiar with project management concepts. Microsoft Project Management software is designed for experienced managers and technical users.
- Lack of integration: the project management tool from Microsoft doesn’t really work well with other tools, especially those outside Microsoft.
- Steep learning curve: When you sign up for Microsoft project management software, you don’t start work immediately. In as much as you`re new, you must undergo training.
In conclusion, you have known the project management programs that you need to make things less difficult for your project. Also, you have seen above the best and most free project management programs and their abilities. Indeed, free things are not the best, though there are some that can still assist you.
- ONLINE CONSULTANCY: How to Become an Online Consultant(Updated)
- STRATEGIC PROJECT MANAGEMENT: A Complete Guide
- Portfolio Management: Definition, Types, Salary, & More
FAQs On Project Management Software
Which software is mostly used project management?
JIRA is the most commonly used management software by various organizations.
What are some factors to be aware of when using software to manage team project?
Tasks, schedules, and file sharing.
Is Excel a project management tool?
Microsoft Excel is frequently used by project managers working on small or medium-sized projects to help visualise, plan, and monitor progress.